Terms and conditions
1. The client will be responsible for all payments to PatchWorks Gardens Limited unless otherwise notified in writing prior to commencement.
2. The client shall provide water and electricity at no charge to PatchWorks Gardens Limited
3. Upon acceptance of the quotation, which should be signed by the Client, a
binding agreement shall arise upon the terms and conditions set out
hereinafter. A contract will also be formed as a result of any verbal orders or
alterations from the Client regarding previously agreed work.
4. The client shall provide access to site during PatchWorks Gardens Limited’s normalworking hours and storage space for materials during the contract progress.
5. Any addition and/or alterations to the schedule shall be properly treated as variations and subject to written instructions.
6. PatchWorks Gardens Limited is not able to accept responsibility for any damage to (or cost involved with) any underground hazards, obstructions or services not made known to us in writing or apparent on visual inspection.
7. PatchWorks Gardens Limited requires stage payments to be made at 50% before work commences and 50% upon completion. Final payment is to be made following completion and payable within 7 days of our invoice. If however the cost of materials exceeds 50% of the balance we will require a greater percentage before work commences to cover these costs.
8. Price to remain fixed until the end of 6 weeks. Acceptance before that date
will ensure no increase in the cost of the works specified in the quotation.
9. All sketches, designs, concept designs, plans of any description and
documents prepared by us are the intellectual property of PatchWorks Gardens Limited and are subject to the copyright laws of England.
10. There is no allowance within this quotation for extra work required due to
unknown, hidden or unforeseen features. Where quotations are based upon
details provided by the customer, such quotations are subject to the accuracy
of those measurements and specifications. Any amendment to those
supplied details of works will be liable for an additional cost.
11. Any accidental or malicious damage caused by the client, their children or
any third party during the course of the construction may incur an additional
12. All or any special conditions, of which PatchWorks Gardens Limited has been informed, are noted in the quotation.
13. It is very important and the responsibility of the Client to ensure we are
made aware of any special/statutory Bylaws/Conditions/Permissions that
may be involved.
14. PatchWorks Gardens Limited accept no responsibility for works that have been carried out on land that is not under the ownership of the client and it is
assumed that all planning laws or regulations have been applied before
commencement of any works.
15. Natural products may show some colour and / or texture variations and
therefore PatchWorks Limited cannot guarantee supplied materials are exact
representations of any samples provided.
16. We are not able to accept responsibility for the well being and maintenance of living plant material, including turf, following practical substantial completion unless a maintenance contract is in existence.
17. We are not able to accept responsibility for the well being and maintenance
of living plant material including turf if soil/drainage/ground conditions are
causing a hostile environment for plant life and so inhibiting growth. Every
precaution will be taken by PatchWorks Gardens Limited to ensure good conditions before planting, however in the case of unforeseen problems with ground conditions an additional charge may be incurred by the client to re-plant any materials already planted by PatchWorks Gardens Limited and make good the existing problem which has been affected by poor soil/drainage/ground conditions.
18. If necessary we reserve the right to substitute any plant with another of
equal value and growth/habitat/colour in accordance with the specification.
19. After practical substantial completion, we are not able to accept
responsibility for any damage through the elements, including drought,
winds, rain and frost to any material(s) including plants.
20. Upon practical substantial completion the responsibility for the care and
watering of all plants, lawns, etc., is handed over to the client and will
require regular attention until established.
21. Severe weather conditions, including drought, may cause the delay of the
start date of the contract.
22. Delays caused by other companies delivering materials to site may cause
work to be rescheduled.
23. All materials on site remain the property of PatchWorks Gardens Limited until
payment is received in full.
24. Maintenance is not included in the contract unless specified.
25. In the event it is necessary to institute legal recovery of the outstanding sum the client will pay PatchWorks Gardens Limited legal fees in full.
26. PatchWorks Limited reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.